Monday, February 20, 2012

I want to go to the beach!


One thing I realize more than anything is that being a brunette can be damn hard sometimes. Being able to have dimension and see it, is almost impossible for me. All I see is a dark endless mop of hair that doesn't want to do me a favor. Recently I decided to take a leap of faith and dye my hair OMBRE style. For those of you who aren't familiar with ombre it's a gradual fade from dark to light. It looks gorgeous on brunettes, and I thought why not, let's try it out. It didn't turn out as light as I wanted it to be, but you don't want to rush this look.

One of the reasons why I wanted to do ombre is the dimension you get from the hair style. It's effortless and has an ease to it. I'm pretty lazy and the tousled beach look fits my life style. My hair is about shoulder length so this gives my hair some volume and prevents me from using too much heat on my hair, as my hair is naturally wavy.

I made a tutorial on how I style my hair everyday. It's very similar to Alexa Chung's hair style and hopefully once I'm done the ombre process my hair color will look pretty similar to hers.

Enjoy the video.


No comments :

Post a Comment